Organizer: Grenaa Produktionsskole
Type: Erasmus+ KA1 / Youth Exchange
APV Dates: 17/03/2019 – 20/03/2019
Project Dates: 12/06/2019 – 25/06/2019
Venue: Grenaa, Denmark
“WaterWorld” is a youth exchange aiming to develop social competence among young people with fewer opportunities, to enable them to take on a more active role in the European – and local society.
The aim of this project is to develop social competence among young people with fewer opportunities, to enable them to take on a more active role in the European – and local society.
- Increase the self-empowerment and self-esteem of marginalized young people
- Promote the understanding of how a society works, and the role of individuals in it
- Promote the awareness of European values, cooperation and cohesion among young people with fewer opportunities
- Foster the active participation of young people with fewer opportunities in the society and in the democratic life of Europe
- Give young people with fewer opportunities the chance to meet and familiarize themselves with other cultures and countries, and therefore enhance their intercultural awareness
- Improve young people’s foreign language skills
An overview of the program:
12th June Arrivals
Day 1: Introduction and team building
Day 2: Planning of the wooden raft
Day 3-Day 7: Building of the wooden raft
Day 8- Day 10: Living on the raft
Day 11: Presentation of the participants’ experiences
Day 12: Evaluation
25th June Departures
The WaterWorld youth exchange will involve 60 young people with fewer opportunities from 4 different countries (Denmark, Turkey, Germany, Romania). Each partner will be responsible to send and prepare 13 young participants, and 3 leaders, while the host will send 21 young participants and 5 leaders.
To become a participant: Applyfacebooktwitterinstagram