Like a Woman is an Erasmus+ Youth Exchange project to submit to the Center for European Union Education and Youth Programmes (Turkish National Agency) by 01 Oct 2020 deadline under Erasmus+ Programme. It is planned to hold on at Denizli, TURKEY.
This project will be submitted by Hiera Lab. We support this informal youth group that tries to develop solidarity.
Violence against women and girls is a serious violation of human rights. Its impact extends to sudden and long-term multiple physical, sexual, and mental consequences for women and girls, including death. It negatively affects the general well-being of women and prevents women from fully participating in society. Violence has negative consequences not only for women but also for their families, society, and the country in general. It has enormous costs, often stemming from Healthcare, statutory expenditures, and productivity losses, affecting national budgets and overall development.
Decades of mobilization by civil society and women’s movements have placed gender-based violence high on national and international agendas. many countries have laws against domestic violence, sexual assault, and other forms of violence. However, difficulties remain in implementing these laws, limiting women’s and girls’ access to safety and justice. With these difficulties, violence cannot be prevented adequately and often goes unpunished.
- To increase the awareness of what violence is and the forms of violence existing;
- To strengthen young people to recognize existing violence in their society focusing on gender-based violence;
- To increase the awareness of the consequences of gender-based violence for the victims at the individual, family, social, and community level;
- To promote human rights based on gender equality;
- To ensure that young people embrace the importance of establishing healthy communication and respecting differences through a multicultural and equal environment.
These objectives will be cleared with all partners based on the needs and objectives of each organization and their target group. And they will be modified among the common aspects.
We’d like to involve motivated youngsters between 18 and 25 .
5 participants + 1 group leader from each organizations.
We are looking for partners (from Erasmus+ Programme Countries) in the following profile:
- An organization (NGO, school, etc.) that is actively involved in delivering formal and non-formal education, training and youth work;
- Interested in human rights and/or violence topics, developing a project together and shares tasks.
- Agree with “No money from participant”;
- Interested to develop a project together and shares tasks.
How to apply?
Fill the application form: Apply
We will evaluate all candidate partners and contact with the organizations that satisfy the project needs. If you think, you have more things to say or show, you may contact with us directly.
How to contact us?
Write us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org