The Obesity Code (Ref: 2019-3-TR01-KA105-080087), is prepared within the context of Erasmus+ Youth Exchange and implemented by our informal youth group known as Fit Group, is funded by Center for European Union03 Education and Youth Programmes (Turkish National Agency). The project will be carried out in Çerkezköy, Tekirdağ, Turkey between the dates of 02/05/2020 and 09/05/2020.
“Funded by the Erasmus+ Program of the European Union. However, European Commission and Turkish National Agency cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein”
The youth exchange project ‘The Obesity Code’ is held on between 02/05/2020 and 09/05/2020 in Tekirdağ, TURKEY with the participation of 32 young people and 6 group leaders from Turkey, Greece, Italy, Romania, Hungary and Serbia.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to reducing obesity-related health problems, psychological problems and health costs.
The specific objective is to increase the capacity of 38 participants through obesity, healthy and balanced diet, physical activity and psychology to reduce the rate of obesity.
- To develop knowledge and skills on obesity, causes and consequences, body mass index calculation;
- To improve their knowledge and skills on food types, portion quantity, and healthy meal preparation;
- To encourage obesity prevention by developing knowledge and skills on physical activity and calories, yoga, physical activity in daily life, hiking;
- To develop knowledge and skills on habit change;
- Creating a visual tool (photo and video album) and practical guide to support and promote a healthy lifestyle;
- To develop their creativity, initiatives and positive attitudes towards cultural diversity;
- To include young people with limited opportunities.